Tuesday, February 16, 2010

bicycle! bicycle! bicycle!


This morning was beautiful and I was not in a hurry, so I decided to try a new route to get to school. I turned off of Capital Highway and took Terwilliger instead of Barbur. I anticipated a lengthy hilly ride. Amazingly enough I got to school faster than I usually do. I think it is because you can go reeaaaallly fast down the hills on Terwilliger. I noticed the bright green of new leaves on a few little trees, and everything smelled sweet like Spring today.

I have been using my new days off this semester to do some serious exploring by bicycle. Last week I rode out to the end of Sauvies Island (past the nude beach) and hiked out to Warrior Rock. It was fun combining hiking and bicycling and I love the little mini lighthouse at the end of the hike.

I don't have any friends with the same days off (Monday Wednesday and Friday) so I have been spending more time than usual alone, but I have been enjoying it a lot. Tomorrow is supposed to be really nice (60 degrees and sunny). I am planning on trying to go further out the SpringWater Corridor than I have before. Last time I made it to 182nd. I ended up bonking on the way back, but I hadn't planned to go so far, and didn't bring any food or take any breaks. We will see how tomorrow turns out...

No comments: