Thursday, August 27, 2009


Today C and I rode to Selwood on the Springwater corridor. I rode my new bicycle for the first time since it has come home from the shop with new wheels. I discovered a few things whiles riding as well...
My bike is definately a lady. I usually assign a male gender to most of my prized possesions, but you cannot argue that this bike is female.
I was confused at first. walking her out of the bike shop I got invited to dinner by a stranger. 10 minutes later I got picked up on at the bus stop. After the fourth or fifth time, I got
suspicious, and confused. Today I realized... it isn't me, it's the bike, and she is doing it on purpose, and she loves it. She definately has a mind of her own, and isn't going to let me get in the way of her persuit of romance... What can you do right? We had a lot of fun, explored selwood, and met some really fun people. I bought 0000 grade steel wool in selwwood, and tonight I am going to work on getting rid of some of the lady's rust. I don't quite know her name, but I feel like it is on the tip of my tongue.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

How does "Barbarella" sound?

Unknown said...

pretty suh-weet tho. You're getting hit on because it's actually a classy bike, not an imitation, and dudes are identifying with it and hopefully, by proxy, you.

With great power, tho, comes great responsibility. I trust you to be discerning. Don't let me see some punk taking 'er out for a spin. And you best oil 'er up good now. And make sure she's back by midnight.