Monday, December 29, 2008

The birdy in a birch






A lot of crafting took place in our house during the "Arctic Blast" snow storm of 2008. Luckily North West Wools, in the village, stayed open. I hiked there to pick up some felting needles to experiment with. I knitted and felted this laptop case a while ago, but it looked pretty boring. I used salvaged wool scraps from old sweaters and Manos del Uruguay yarn. It was great to do the kind of project where you can start and finish it in one sitting.
I am really excited because my aunt is giving me her floor loom for Christmas. I don't think she has ever used it before. I need to clear out a space for it, its huge! I don't really know too much about weaving, but the Multnomah Art Center has classes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Claire,

I love the little wren in the alder tree. That's what it looks like to me! Tail up . . . must be a wren! That leaf doesn't look like a birch to me. Looks like an alder. But you would know. You felted it!

What a cool laptop case. It almost makes me want to have a laptop, just so I can carry one around in such a case.

HAPPY NEW YEAR and don't stop that talent! You're amazing!

Love,
Christine