Sunday, November 11, 2007

Take two: Tiny chair


I was sitting on the floor, doing my math homework, innocently. I looked up to see a ball of chocolaty alpaca, staring at me. I'm not sure but I think it must have rolled out of the closet. I reached, and when my fingers touched it's sweet fuzzy bliss I knew. I needed to knit. to knit a tiny chair. I needed to knit it immediately. One and one half hours later I still sat, surrounded by math papers and scraps of yarn, and in my hand was a perfect, adorable, useless chair.
I don't really understand what happened. I'm a little afraid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Claire,

You are such a fine knitter! How I wish I could knit like you. But, alas, I am a lazy scarf knitter. So no intricate baby blankets or lichen-dyed, amazingly-detailed half-completed sweaters are lying around my house. Only half-completed scarves with no detaill. Speaking of that sad sweater, perhaps you should tear it out and make . . . a scarf!

Love the chair! The useless, lovable chair! It is called the Chair of Perfect Procrastination! The Chair of Math Avoidance! The Chair of Delightful Delay Tactics!

Good luck with math!
Christine